Having a good system in place allows for a tight-running, efficient and effective warehouse operation.
You risk facing a multitude of potential problems. From workplace injury to a bad reputation, a weak WMS can result in real issues that any company would have difficulty overcoming. These can include late shipments, persistent out-of-stocks and disgruntled customers, to name just a few.
To be the most efficient, and therefore most profitable, you need help. You need to have a system in place that allows you to:
- Focus on warehouse safety
- Oversee daily operations
- Monitor your shipping
- Process returns
- Understand demand
- Handle orders (from multi-channel platforms)
But even more than all this, the right WMS can help you achieve much more. Read on for the top 8 benefits a powerful warehouse management system (WMS) software can offer your business.
- Better Inventory Visibility – Get real-time information and data so you know, at all times, what inventory you have in stock and ready to go. Not only do you need to know inventory counts, but larger operations also have to be cognizant of where inventory is physically at, during all points of the process. From receiving, to stocking, to storing, a clear picture that lets you know exactly what you have on hand means you can maintain the appropriate amount of stock, process orders and ship on time and without issue.
- Improved Employee Morale – Improved morale and increased productivity are major benefits of a warehouse that runs smoothly. Reducing stress and anxiety can help make sure employees feel valued. And when things operate in an efficient manner, it helps improve the overall vibe for everyone. A WMS can help keep the things that may otherwise be stressful running without a hitch, which makes everyone happy.
- Lower Operating Expenses – The right WMS software can lower your operating costs by ensuring you’re using your space and labor as efficiently as possible. Figure out the best places and ways to store items and arrange shelves, pallets and equipment for optimal functioning.
- Optimal Security – Creating audit trails so transactions are tracked to specific employees significantly reduces risk of theft and improves accountability. Software that also has user-access enhancements means you have better control of who has access to different levels of information across your organization.
- Just-in-Time Inventory Capabilities – Just-in-time (JIT) inventory lets you maintain just the right amount of stock. Correct inventory translates to not needing to hold large amounts of inventory for long periods of time.
- Improved Billing Management – Billing tools or modules built right into the software or that are able to seamlessly integrate with 3rd party apps make the otherwise cumbersome process of managing A/R and A/P a snap.
- Enhanced Supplier and Customer Relationships – Shorter wait-times at docks and the ability to schedule the receipt of shipments are two of the biggest benefits here, but equally important are the shorter delivery times to customers, drastically improved order accuracy and fulfillment and the overall, general reputation you’ll gain for your on-time and on-point capability to get product in the hands of happy customers.
- Improved Labor Management Efficiency – Easily (and accurately) assess skill level and other factors that can determine the best person for the job. WMS software and labor data, can help ensure jobs are assigned to the best team member, while making scheduling and task assignments easier than ever. Evaluate when you need less (or more) dedicated team members to handle certain aspects of your warehouse management, and quickly identify those employees who are going above and beyond (as well as the ones who may need additional training to course correct).
Learn how Cadre’s Warehouse Management Solutions can help your warehouse run more efficiently. Contact us today!